Reviews for 4th Avenue Eatery & Bar
May 18, 2014
Want a great view? Wanna be seat outdoors or indoors? Stranded on an island called Waiheke? Check out 4th Avenue :)
Came here during the summer holidays and had an amazing time sipping on cocktails, over looking Onetangi beach as the sky darken for the night. Was a bit chilly on this visit, so we seated ourselves indoor, in our own little corner. Snacks available, though we only came here to drink - bit pricey in my opinion compared to joints in Auckland CBD, then again there isn't much competition on this side of the island so the price is what it is.
Staff were welcoming and came to us whenever we called. Though, we only wanted to be in each others company so the staff caught on to that. Seats were comfy and atmosphere was pretty chill. Not a bad place to come to. Would visit again :)
Dec 21, 2013
Has a new name, now 4th Ave Eatery but same experience, same owners. Pretty disappointed in my recent visit to 4th ave. Ordered a tuna and salmon sashimi, when it came out with only salmon slathered in canned sauce, I began eating it but the manager could tell I wasn't happy. When asked, I explained that I ordered tuna sashimi and he said they were out of tuna and I "should have been informed" by my waitress (which I was not). He was nice about it and apologised but still, unfortunately no one offered anything to rectify the situation, instead all I got was "you should have been told". Poor customer service, mediocre food that is overpriced. A better result would have been the manager offering another dish, a free dessert or whatever. It's the equivalent of ordering a chicken pasta dish and being told after, when the customer complains " oh sorry, we are out of chicken". It's a crucial part of the dish! Similar issues when it was named beachfront, and now, it's the same. Shame because as a local id like to support it and another viable Onetangi option would be good, but sadly, I'll be going down the street to get food elsewhere.
Nov 02, 2013
The vegetarian lentils are outstanding! The other veg dishes I had were also excellent.
- Transgender shopper 'humiliated' by Farmers: Assistant asked is it OK to let half-man, half woman in
- Most expensive beer in the world - where do we rank?
- Free contraception suggested for pre-teens
- Study reveals who's most at risk of rickets
- TV station slammed for using 'colours of gays'
- Top fertility questions answered
- World's oldest women share their secrets (+video)
- Should kids be banned from weddings?
- Tennis star's perfect reply to period question
- More than 26 million people have changed their Facebook picture to a rainbow flag