Reviews for 4th Avenue Eatery & Bar
10 months ago
Want a great view? Wanna be seat outdoors or indoors? Stranded on an island called Waiheke? Check out 4th Avenue :)
Came here during the summer holidays and had an amazing time sipping on cocktails, over looking Onetangi beach as the sky darken for the night. Was a bit chilly on this visit, so we seated ourselves indoor, in our own little corner. Snacks available, though we only came here to drink - bit pricey in my opinion compared to joints in Auckland CBD, then again there isn't much competition on this side of the island so the price is what it is.
Staff were welcoming and came to us whenever we called. Though, we only wanted to be in each others company so the staff caught on to that. Seats were comfy and atmosphere was pretty chill. Not a bad place to come to. Would visit again :)
Dec 21, 2013
Has a new name, now 4th Ave Eatery but same experience, same owners. Pretty disappointed in my recent visit to 4th ave. Ordered a tuna and salmon sashimi, when it came out with only salmon slathered in canned sauce, I began eating it but the manager could tell I wasn't happy. When asked, I explained that I ordered tuna sashimi and he said they were out of tuna and I "should have been informed" by my waitress (which I was not). He was nice about it and apologised but still, unfortunately no one offered anything to rectify the situation, instead all I got was "you should have been told". Poor customer service, mediocre food that is overpriced. A better result would have been the manager offering another dish, a free dessert or whatever. It's the equivalent of ordering a chicken pasta dish and being told after, when the customer complains " oh sorry, we are out of chicken". It's a crucial part of the dish! Similar issues when it was named beachfront, and now, it's the same. Shame because as a local id like to support it and another viable Onetangi option would be good, but sadly, I'll be going down the street to get food elsewhere.
- Allison Pearson: 'Menopause' is no longer a dirty word
- Thom Scott-Phillips: Why anti-vaxxers just 'know' they're right
- Husband who let his wife have sex with strangers has his say
- Is the internet giving us all ADHD?
- Lauren Knight: Why curiosity is important for parents, too
- Partners snoop on loved ones' cellphones
- Lioness kept as pet in Pakistan gives birth to 5 cubs
- 'The Weegee Guide to New York' shows mid-20th century city
- Hipster beards are just a way to get women - study
- Woman posts Facebook ad offering men $700 to get her pregnant