Clare S. said: "I love this place, I work close by and am constantly dropping in for my coffee fix. I have often had lunch here and the food is delicious whether from the cabinet selection or from the menu and the staff are always smiling. It’s…" read more »
- Restaurants, Bar & Brasseries, Bistros
- Free On-Street
- Price Range:
- Spendy, $25 - $35
- Smart casual
- Good For Groups:
- Good For Children:
- Beer, Wine, Spirits, Cocktails
- No BYO
- Wheelchair Accessible:
- Takes Reservations:
- Dietary Restrictions:
- Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- Meals Served:
- Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night
- Payment Types:
- EFTPOS, Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, Diners
- Seating For:
- Outdoor Seating:
Reviews for Acacia Restaurant & Garden Bar at Novotel Auckland Ellerslie
by Hannah W.
4th January 2014
We had our wedding reception here, was not good at all.
When platters came out they all went on one table instead of spreading all the food amongst the tables.
They served us water jugs with no glasses.
Even worse when my wife and I asked a waiter if we could have a bottle of wine, handing over our credit card 15 minutes later as we went to see what had happened as we wanted to toast while speeches were going. The girl then said sorry were just looking for a cheaper
bottle, these ones range from $120+ . Very disappointed with the service, will not return again ever or to the hotel
11th April 2012
Dined here on the 7th April for an Easter buffet breakfast after buying a voucher off DailyDo. We had five adults and two kids, and despite not making a booking we were served and seated straight away. The food was fantastic, with a great selection to choose from. The service from the staff was excellent and everyone was very friendly and welcoming. Would definately come back here again.
by Andrew M.
2nd April 2011
Breakfast selection was excellent and staff were friendly and attentive. The garden environment outside is well-planned and attractive.
20th October 2009
I’d give this place 4 stars for service, but the food is not that good at all. Scotch fillet was tough and sinewy, cooked rare as asked, but still almost cold in the centre. Very ho-hum vegetables (extra), and all at 4 star prices. The deserts were OK, but nothing flash, and the coffee comes in very small cups.
I won’t be back.
Powered by menumania.co.nz
- Silent retreats: Tradition finds 21st century fans
- Why the fist bump beats a handshake
- Dave Shaw: Eating and tweeting
- Louise Thompson: Tips for tackling nasty tasks
- Bite magazine: Perfect roasties every time
- Liver cancer numbers to double
- Readers pick: Auckland's top 5 activities
- Deborah Hill Cone: Get real about things you are grateful for
- NZ ranks in top 10 of countries
- Dogs want your attention. All of it.