Reviews for Acacia Restaurant & Garden Bar
by Hannah Wilkinson
11 months ago
We had our wedding reception here, was not good at all.
When platters came out they all went on one table instead of spreading all the food amongst the tables.
They served us water jugs with no glasses.
Even worse when my wife and I asked a waiter if we could have a bottle of wine, handing over our credit card 15 minutes later as we went to see what had happened as we wanted to toast while speeches were going. The girl then said sorry were just looking for a cheaper
bottle, these ones range from $120+ . Very disappointed with the service, will not return again ever or to the hotel
Apr 11, 2012
Dined here on the 7th April for an Easter buffet breakfast after buying a voucher off DailyDo. We had five adults and two kids, and despite not making a booking we were served and seated straight away. The food was fantastic, with a great selection to choose from. The service from the staff was excellent and everyone was very friendly and welcoming. Would definately come back here again.
by Andrew Miller
Apr 02, 2011
Breakfast selection was excellent and staff were friendly and attentive. The garden environment outside is well-planned and attractive.
Oct 20, 2009
I'd give this place 4 stars for service, but the food is not that good at all. Scotch fillet was tough and sinewy, cooked rare as asked, but still almost cold in the centre. Very ho-hum vegetables (extra), and all at 4 star prices. The deserts were OK, but nothing flash, and the coffee comes in very small cups.
I won't be back.
- Ham: What is it and why is it festive?
- The best summer parties in Auckland (+WIN)
- Canvas best reads of 2014
- Lesbians earn more than straight women - but gay men are penalised
- Helpful tips to stay safe during the summer break
- Cutest pictures of Prince George 2014
- Is obesity a disability? European court says yes
- Worst killers of Kiwis changing
- Bowel cancer screening a 'no-brainer'
- New Zealand lags behind Australia in cancer survival rates