Reviews for Akbar Durbar
9 months ago
Amazing food...!!! Been there lots of times with family and friends and everyone just loved the food. Chicken and lamb biryanis are fingerlicking good and so are the curries. My favourites would be smoked chicken, pepper chicken and mughlai. And the best part... Its so reasonable...!! Definitely the best mughlai food in the city... a must try place specially after the renovation... the new look is fab...!!
by Sandrine Ramassot
Dec 25, 2012
Excellent! Best lamb biriyani in town. Chicken 65 and pepper chicken are also among our favourites.
Even when we went to India we couldn't find better food.
Sandrine and Barry
Feb 23, 2012
Terrible, the Butter Chicken was average, however, the naan was in a sealed bag, was thick and pastie and didn't even taste remotely like naan, my son seemed to enjoy the butter chicken so ok.
Now on to the Lamb Korma, absolutely disgusting, the sauce was lumpy and tasteless, the lamb was so dry I had to do some heavy chewing to get it down, and on top of that it was half COLD!!!! They must have had the food prepared already and just throw it in the microwave when you order, I will never return.
- History of Kiwi women in song
- Green cloak can be put to work
- Let's eat: Still modern after all these years
- Myths of motherhood laid bare
- How secure is your baby monitor? Home hackers spy on private lives
- Design & build: Prefabs sprout a new idea
- Fashion: Give yourself a sporting chance
- Wellbeing: Easy-on-the-wallet exercise
- Claims menopause could be eliminated in 20 years
- Salad days (+recipes)