Aaron B. said: "Great place with even better food!!! Service – Excellent Food – Excellent Ambiance – Pretty average to be fair….. Make sure you stipulate NZ hot if your gonna order your meal hot!!!! lol Their proper hot is a weapon…" read more »
- Takeaway / Fast Food
- Price Range:
- Cheap, Under $15
- Dietary Restrictions:
Reviews for Akbar Durbar Indian Takeaways
20th December 2013
Amazing food…!!! Been there lots of times with family and friends and everyone just loved the food. Chicken and lamb biryanis are fingerlicking good and so are the curries. My favourites would be smoked chicken, pepper chicken and mughlai. And the best part… Its so reasonable…!! Definitely the best mughlai food in the city… a must try place specially after the renovation… the new look is fab…!!
by Sandrine R.
25th December 2012
Excellent! Best lamb biriyani in town. Chicken 65 and pepper chicken are also among our favourites.
Even when we went to India we couldn’t find better food.
Sandrine and Barry
23rd February 2012
Terrible, the Butter Chicken was average, however, the naan was in a sealed bag, was thick and pastie and didn’t even taste remotely like naan, my son seemed to enjoy the butter chicken so ok.
Now on to the Lamb Korma, absolutely disgusting, the sauce was lumpy and tasteless, the lamb was so dry I had to do some heavy chewing to get it down, and on top of that it was half COLD!!!! They must have had the food prepared already and just throw it in the microwave when you order, I will never return.
Powered by menumania.co.nz
- Talk to the Animals: Enforcing animal welfare - who's job is it?
- New photos for Prince George's first birthday
- Artistic director of women's wear leaving Hermes
- Baby steps for teen but being a mum 'all worth it'
- Malcolm Forbes, Ryan Anderson: Jagger a poster boy for Darwinian peacock theory
- Twelve Questions: Rodney Wayne
- Cracking the cute code
- Louise Thompson: The weight loss tool you need
- Bite magazine: The best of winter
- Fashion: Suits you, sir (+WIN)