Reviews for Akbar Durbar
by Narayan Subramanian
2 months ago
I am a great fan of the food prepared at this restaurant. However, the inability to pay by credit card limits my visit to this place.
The food variety and its quality is highly recommended. Authentic spices are used and is good value for money.
I tend to frequent the restaurant in the CBD more often despite it being a smaller premise due to the credit card payment facility.
Dec 20, 2013
Amazing food...!!! Been there lots of times with family and friends and everyone just loved the food. Chicken and lamb biryanis are fingerlicking good and so are the curries. My favourites would be smoked chicken, pepper chicken and mughlai. And the best part... Its so reasonable...!! Definitely the best mughlai food in the city... a must try place specially after the renovation... the new look is fab...!!
by Sandrine Ramassot
Dec 25, 2012
Excellent! Best lamb biriyani in town. Chicken 65 and pepper chicken are also among our favourites.
Even when we went to India we couldn't find better food.
Sandrine and Barry
Feb 23, 2012
Terrible, the Butter Chicken was average, however, the naan was in a sealed bag, was thick and pastie and didn't even taste remotely like naan, my son seemed to enjoy the butter chicken so ok.
Now on to the Lamb Korma, absolutely disgusting, the sauce was lumpy and tasteless, the lamb was so dry I had to do some heavy chewing to get it down, and on top of that it was half COLD!!!! They must have had the food prepared already and just throw it in the microwave when you order, I will never return.
- That dress: 'This is why I have trust issues'
- Last night for Auckland's Lantern Festival
- Drones: The next big thing in wedding photography, or a tacky intrusion?
- Three cups of tea a day can cut your risk of diabetes... even if you add milk
- Fashion: Tween girls, interrupted
- Review: Nomad Restaurant, Pt Chevalier
- Gardening: Hardy blooms flourish
- Design & build: Time counts down, mortgage climbs up
- Wellbeing: Say goodbye to the monkey
- Five of the best: Pubs to watch sport