Reviews for Bali Star
by John Hamilton-Smith
one month ago
Balistar is a fab spot im the Elliot St food hall. I love their King Prawn Chilli. Ask for it hot if you like your Indonesian food on the spicy side. Recommended.
by Lizzy Gregory
3 months ago
cheap and cheerful, tasty and decent portions. I love the fish curry. The seating is a communal food court and this can mean occasionally you are sharing your space with some very strange/ drunk/ talking to themselves people.
by Avishkar Srivastava
11 months ago
The 'Chicken Balado' and the 'Bali Chicken' are two of my favourite dishes from this place ! The dishes are reasonably priced and the service is fast. The customers can choose how spicy they want the dish to be. As far as I remember, there are 5 levels ranging from 'mild' to 'very, very hot'. The most spicy level can really burn your tongue but they do warn you about this beforehand when ordering ! Overall, the staff is friendly and I would highly recommend this place to anyone who wishes to try Indonesian cuisine in Auckland.
by Jo W
Sep 06, 2012
Average food, not quite authentic, but not as bad as some either.
Speaking from experience eating at the native country. I had the Beef Rendang, lacks true lemongrass, and spice flavors. Two other dishes i tried lack authentic flavors as well, but then again it is food court food. And for that, it s above average
Jun 03, 2011
Quite good for the price. Try the Oseng Oseng, it was delicious, and their version of mee goreng was very good. One of the better food court places.
- Opinion: 'Vaccinating' girls against pregnancy problematic
- Opinion: How old is 'old' when it comes to work?
- Wine: What to drink this weekend
- Fashion: Out of office
- Kiwi model to take on hot dog eating champ
- Should your man wax his hairy chest?
- Restaurant review: Chikos, Henderson
- Drinking orange juice may raise risk of skin cancer - research
- Warm up this winter with our top spots for a toasty dip
- How scientists can pinpoint an exact time of death