Reviews for Barkat
by Tony Stark
Apr 15, 2014
Set in the busiest square of Grey Lynn this Indian store has a small but visible entrance... With a small seating area this is mainly a takeaway joint... The rates definitely are that of a takeaway joint... This is what made me visit this place... Really good and quick service is an asset of the store... I ordered chilli chicken in lunch combo which tasted just like I expected which I think is a great thing..A must visit if to are looking for easy on wallet takeaway Indian food....
by Karen Neave
Mar 02, 2014
My 10yo and I felt like Indian food whilst visiting Auckland. The Barkat was just around the corner and well-priced. What a wonderful experience! The lovely family running it were extremely helpful and respectful. The 'tearoom' decor belies the relaxing dining experience we had. The chapati (ask for them especially) were the best I've had, to accompany a superb dahl n rice. Real authentic Indian cuisine at normal ppl prices. I want a Barkat in my city - So please make the most of it if it's in yours! I'm jealous!
by Stephen Allanson
Dec 05, 2013
Don't be fooled by the understated and very basic decor. This little gem is two doors up from Video Ezy and well worth discovering.
Great food, quite authentic and excellent value.
This is a friendly family run restaurant.
Highly recommend for takeaway or a quick meal.
If the decor was a little more exotic and the lighting a little more romantic this would be my number one Indian in Grey Lynn.
- 'Baby whisperer' slammed over car seat safety
- 'You look disgusting' without makeup - vlogger's brave reaction
- Video: Guilty dog dobbed in by mate
- Anna King Shahab: Why we need to learn to trust food again
- Sharon Holbrook: Do kids belong at funerals?
- Did Pippa's Kiwi outfit upstage Kate again?
- Kiwi bra buying myths busted
- Alcohol during pregnancy: the alarming stats
- Frozen cake the stuff of nightmares
- Why won't my partner ditch online dating?