Reviews for Barkat
by Rocky Rolls
4 months ago
Set in the busiest square of Grey Lynn this Indian store has a small but visible entrance... With a small seating area this is mainly a takeaway joint... The rates definitely are that of a takeaway joint... This is what made me visit this place... Really good and quick service is an asset of the store... I ordered chilli chicken in lunch combo which tasted just like I expected which I think is a great thing..A must visit if to are looking for easy on wallet takeaway Indian food....
by Karen Neave
6 months ago
My 10yo and I felt like Indian food whilst visiting Auckland. The Barkat was just around the corner and well-priced. What a wonderful experience! The lovely family running it were extremely helpful and respectful. The 'tearoom' decor belies the relaxing dining experience we had. The chapati (ask for them especially) were the best I've had, to accompany a superb dahl n rice. Real authentic Indian cuisine at normal ppl prices. I want a Barkat in my city - So please make the most of it if it's in yours! I'm jealous!
by Stephen Allanson
9 months ago
Don't be fooled by the understated and very basic decor. This little gem is two doors up from Video Ezy and well worth discovering.
Great food, quite authentic and excellent value.
This is a friendly family run restaurant.
Highly recommend for takeaway or a quick meal.
If the decor was a little more exotic and the lighting a little more romantic this would be my number one Indian in Grey Lynn.
- McDonald's forced to open its first ever turquoise arches
- Swap after-dinner coffee for a healthier cup of tea
- Half of young women unable to 'locate vagina'
- Kiwi Project Runway star's dress a hit with Heidi Klum
- Woman claims to be the oldest person ever at 127
- Matt Heath: Giving in to your inner slob
- New smart sneakers vibrate to give directions
- Unseen Charlie and the Chocolate Factory chapter deemed 'too subversive' released
- Dave Shaw: Is breakfast overrated?
- Bite magazine: Spring has sprung