Reviews for Barkat
by Rocky Rolls
8 months ago
Set in the busiest square of Grey Lynn this Indian store has a small but visible entrance... With a small seating area this is mainly a takeaway joint... The rates definitely are that of a takeaway joint... This is what made me visit this place... Really good and quick service is an asset of the store... I ordered chilli chicken in lunch combo which tasted just like I expected which I think is a great thing..A must visit if to are looking for easy on wallet takeaway Indian food....
by Karen Neave
9 months ago
My 10yo and I felt like Indian food whilst visiting Auckland. The Barkat was just around the corner and well-priced. What a wonderful experience! The lovely family running it were extremely helpful and respectful. The 'tearoom' decor belies the relaxing dining experience we had. The chapati (ask for them especially) were the best I've had, to accompany a superb dahl n rice. Real authentic Indian cuisine at normal ppl prices. I want a Barkat in my city - So please make the most of it if it's in yours! I'm jealous!
by Stephen Allanson
Dec 05, 2013
Don't be fooled by the understated and very basic decor. This little gem is two doors up from Video Ezy and well worth discovering.
Great food, quite authentic and excellent value.
This is a friendly family run restaurant.
Highly recommend for takeaway or a quick meal.
If the decor was a little more exotic and the lighting a little more romantic this would be my number one Indian in Grey Lynn.
- Canvas' best reads of 2014
- Lesbians earn more than straight women - but gay men are penalised
- Cutest pictures of Prince George 2014
- Is obesity a disability? European court says yes
- Worst killers of Kiwis changing
- Bowel cancer screening a 'no-brainer'
- New Zealand lags behind Australia in cancer survival rates
- Smoking pill could be the answer to addiction
- New stats reveal how long we're living
- Kate Middleton's hair is a nightmare: Duke admits