Reviews for Barkat
by Rocky Rolls
10 months ago
Set in the busiest square of Grey Lynn this Indian store has a small but visible entrance... With a small seating area this is mainly a takeaway joint... The rates definitely are that of a takeaway joint... This is what made me visit this place... Really good and quick service is an asset of the store... I ordered chilli chicken in lunch combo which tasted just like I expected which I think is a great thing..A must visit if to are looking for easy on wallet takeaway Indian food....
by Karen Neave
Mar 02, 2014
My 10yo and I felt like Indian food whilst visiting Auckland. The Barkat was just around the corner and well-priced. What a wonderful experience! The lovely family running it were extremely helpful and respectful. The 'tearoom' decor belies the relaxing dining experience we had. The chapati (ask for them especially) were the best I've had, to accompany a superb dahl n rice. Real authentic Indian cuisine at normal ppl prices. I want a Barkat in my city - So please make the most of it if it's in yours! I'm jealous!
by Stephen Allanson
Dec 05, 2013
Don't be fooled by the understated and very basic decor. This little gem is two doors up from Video Ezy and well worth discovering.
Great food, quite authentic and excellent value.
This is a friendly family run restaurant.
Highly recommend for takeaway or a quick meal.
If the decor was a little more exotic and the lighting a little more romantic this would be my number one Indian in Grey Lynn.
- That dress: 'This is why I have trust issues'
- Last night for Auckland's Lantern Festival
- Drones: The next big thing in wedding photography, or a tacky intrusion?
- Three cups of tea a day can cut your risk of diabetes... even if you add milk
- Fashion: Tween girls, interrupted
- Review: Nomad Restaurant, Pt Chevalier
- Gardening: Hardy blooms flourish
- Design & build: Time counts down, mortgage climbs up
- Wellbeing: Say goodbye to the monkey
- Five of the best: Pubs to watch sport