Reviews for Barkat
by Rocky Rolls
Apr 15, 2014
Set in the busiest square of Grey Lynn this Indian store has a small but visible entrance... With a small seating area this is mainly a takeaway joint... The rates definitely are that of a takeaway joint... This is what made me visit this place... Really good and quick service is an asset of the store... I ordered chilli chicken in lunch combo which tasted just like I expected which I think is a great thing..A must visit if to are looking for easy on wallet takeaway Indian food....
by Karen Neave
Mar 02, 2014
My 10yo and I felt like Indian food whilst visiting Auckland. The Barkat was just around the corner and well-priced. What a wonderful experience! The lovely family running it were extremely helpful and respectful. The 'tearoom' decor belies the relaxing dining experience we had. The chapati (ask for them especially) were the best I've had, to accompany a superb dahl n rice. Real authentic Indian cuisine at normal ppl prices. I want a Barkat in my city - So please make the most of it if it's in yours! I'm jealous!
by Stephen Allanson
Dec 05, 2013
Don't be fooled by the understated and very basic decor. This little gem is two doors up from Video Ezy and well worth discovering.
Great food, quite authentic and excellent value.
This is a friendly family run restaurant.
Highly recommend for takeaway or a quick meal.
If the decor was a little more exotic and the lighting a little more romantic this would be my number one Indian in Grey Lynn.
- Sky Tower climbers contacted over measles scare
- Tired feet? Not Her Majesty despite 8,000 party guests
- Her smile says 'congratulations'... her eyes say something else
- Four coffees max a day, warns EU
- Is rent out of reach? Study shows how 11 US cities stack up
- Why do people commit crime?
- Parents branded 'cruel' for having baby with rare condition
- Sex ed classes add consent and coercion
- Wasp found embedded in chocolate
- Why don't I get a wife bonus?