Reviews for Barkat
by Rocky Rolls
4 months ago
Set in the busiest square of Grey Lynn this Indian store has a small but visible entrance... With a small seating area this is mainly a takeaway joint... The rates definitely are that of a takeaway joint... This is what made me visit this place... Really good and quick service is an asset of the store... I ordered chilli chicken in lunch combo which tasted just like I expected which I think is a great thing..A must visit if to are looking for easy on wallet takeaway Indian food....
by Karen Neave
5 months ago
My 10yo and I felt like Indian food whilst visiting Auckland. The Barkat was just around the corner and well-priced. What a wonderful experience! The lovely family running it were extremely helpful and respectful. The 'tearoom' decor belies the relaxing dining experience we had. The chapati (ask for them especially) were the best I've had, to accompany a superb dahl n rice. Real authentic Indian cuisine at normal ppl prices. I want a Barkat in my city - So please make the most of it if it's in yours! I'm jealous!
by Stephen Allanson
8 months ago
Don't be fooled by the understated and very basic decor. This little gem is two doors up from Video Ezy and well worth discovering.
Great food, quite authentic and excellent value.
This is a friendly family run restaurant.
Highly recommend for takeaway or a quick meal.
If the decor was a little more exotic and the lighting a little more romantic this would be my number one Indian in Grey Lynn.
- Annual tomato battle leaves Spanish town red
- 'Stunning' biography beats Catton in NZ awards
- Seven ways to stop a tantrum
- Hangovers (partly) to blame on your genes - study
- Lee Suckling: Is gay humour still funny?
- To age happily - eat well, stay fit and listen to One Direction
- Trelise Cooper says sorry for sparking racist row
- Restaurant with animal birthing room aims to show origin of food
- E-cigarettes 'serious threat' to fetuses - WHO
- Parents set bad example by staying glued to smartphones