Rachel S. said: "I absolutely love BCC and have been several times with workmates and team. They do the best cocktails and yummy small meals and pizzas. Really great daytime hangout when the weather is nice as it’s a semi outdoor restaurant.…" read more »
- Takeaway / Fast Food
- Free Off-Street, Free On-Street
- Price Range:
- Cheap, Under $15
- Good For Groups:
- Good For Children:
- Dietary Restrictions:
- Vegetarian, Vegan, Halal, Dairy-free
- Meals Served:
- Lunch, Dinner
- Payment Types:
- EFTPOS, Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, Diners
Reviews for Barkat Indian Takeaway
by Karen N.
2nd March 2014
My 10yo and I felt like Indian food whilst visiting Auckland. The Barkat was just around the corner and well-priced. What a wonderful experience! The lovely family running it were extremely helpful and respectful. The ‘tearoom’ decor belies the relaxing dining experience we had. The chapati (ask for them especially) were the best I’ve had, to accompany a superb dahl n rice. Real authentic Indian cuisine at normal ppl prices. I want a Barkat in my city – So please make the most of it if it’s in yours! I’m jealous!
by Stephen A.
5th December 2013
Don’t be fooled by the understated and very basic decor. This little gem is two doors up from Video Ezy and well worth discovering.
Great food, quite authentic and excellent value.
This is a friendly family run restaurant.
Highly recommend for takeaway or a quick meal.
If the decor was a little more exotic and the lighting a little more romantic this would be my number one Indian in Grey Lynn.
Powered by menumania.co.nz
- Quick, daily run prolongs life - study
- Talk to the Animals: Become a NZ animal expert
- Cutting sugar completely could kill you
- Richard Keegan: Children need our unconditional support
- Gentlemen better off checking IQ levels
- Expert urges fresh look at flu fight
- Twelve Questions: Michael Meredith
- The name Poof back in vogue at Ponsonby bar
- Silent retreats: Tradition finds 21st century fans
- Why the fist bump beats a handshake