Janah M. said: "Came here today for a surprise grad brunch and had the Tiffin High Tea – WOW! So good! I would definitely recommend anyone looking for a classy high tea, with gorgeous ambiance, good food, good coffee and a great range of…" read more »
- Takeaway / Fast Food
- Free Off-Street, Free On-Street
- Price Range:
- Cheap, Under $15
- Good For Groups:
- Good For Children:
- Dietary Restrictions:
- Vegetarian, Vegan, Halal, Dairy-free
- Meals Served:
- Lunch, Dinner
- Payment Types:
- EFTPOS, Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, Diners
Reviews for Barkat Indian Takeaway
by Karen N.
2nd March 2014
My 10yo and I felt like Indian food whilst visiting Auckland. The Barkat was just around the corner and well-priced. What a wonderful experience! The lovely family running it were extremely helpful and respectful. The ‘tearoom’ decor belies the relaxing dining experience we had. The chapati (ask for them especially) were the best I’ve had, to accompany a superb dahl n rice. Real authentic Indian cuisine at normal ppl prices. I want a Barkat in my city – So please make the most of it if it’s in yours! I’m jealous!
by Stephen A.
5th December 2013
Don’t be fooled by the understated and very basic decor. This little gem is two doors up from Video Ezy and well worth discovering.
Great food, quite authentic and excellent value.
This is a friendly family run restaurant.
Highly recommend for takeaway or a quick meal.
If the decor was a little more exotic and the lighting a little more romantic this would be my number one Indian in Grey Lynn.
Powered by menumania.co.nz
- Top-notch Kiwi wines sink the Aussies
- The ten most extravagant weddings of all time
- What's on this weekend
- Jill Goldson: How do deal with a broken heart
- Saving species may need controversial methods
- You are what you eat: How diet affects mental well-being
- Bryony Gordon: To have and to hold, and go viral
- Hermes names new womenswear designer
- Shelley Bridgeman: Has your husband stopped noticing you?
- This year's Booker Prize contenders announced