Reviews for Barrio Bar & Lounge
by Dave Son
27 days ago
My local when living in auckland. Awsome owner and operator and bar staff are real genuine the kitchen provides great tapas type meals and the setting is real nice and low key and the djs they have play there are top notch
by Duncan Ferens
Jan 21, 2013
Great place for a function !! I had one there for 100 people and it was the perfect size !! Great cocktails and wine list !!! The owner and his staff are really nice and helped me put together a great function for my clients
Jan 29, 2012
This bar is a waste of space on Ponsonby Road. Terrible service, rude bartenders and an even more unpleasant manager.
To make my experience worse (if possible) I arrived to a dark, empty room with dust cloths over the furniture and reluctant staff.
The wine list is limited and the food overpriced and tasteless. The wine that I was recommended was $40 something for a bottle but after a sip I wouldn't pay $10 at the supermarket for it!
My advice to you, go somewhere else. Anywhere else.
- Fashion: Layers of style for winter
- Review: Woodpecker Hill, Parnell
- ANZAC day sibbling for Prince George
- Adorable Prince George photo features in Prince Charles Earth Hour video
- Design & build: Climbing our own stairway to heaven
- Keeping your kids active these holidays
- Five of the best: Family-friendly places to eat
- A new twist on meat and three veg (+recipes)
- Gardening: Rural champions rescue heritage
- Consumer watch: All is fair in love and nappy war for mums