Bull & Bear
Off Lambton Quay
Kara I. said: "I’ve dined at the Tasting Room 4-5 times for dinner and it’s been unfailingly good. If you’re a beef eater you can’t go wrong with the Beef Wellington – after trying it on his first visit my husband has never ventured any…" read more »
- Bar & Brasseries, Bistros
- Price Range:
- Moderate, $15 - $25
- Good For Groups:
- Good For Children:
- Cocktails, Spirits, Wine, Beer
- No BYO
- Wheelchair Accessible:
- Dietary Restrictions:
- Vegetarian, Gluten-free
- Meals Served:
- Dinner, Lunch
- Payment Types:
- EFTPOS, Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, Diners
- Seating For:
- Outdoor Seating:
Reviews for Bull & Bear
by Neville W.
18th July 2013
Always feel welcome at B&B tavern – friendly staff, great service, and fantastic specials. A lot has changed since the previous reviews.
6th September 2011
We went to eat on Tuesday at about 8pm but the door was locked and there was no one inside (though the lights were all on and there was a sign on the door saying open). There was also a sign on the window saying open 10am-10pm on Tuesdays… a mystery. Quite unimpressed…
5th August 2011
We went on a Monday evening, just to be told they didn’t serve dinner until Wednesday. So Thursday we went back. The menu is small, offering just one vegetarian option, a pizza, which my friend ordered and liked. I went for the fish and chips, thinking nothing could go wrong. Well not exactly, the chips were average but the fish came out of a frozen supermarket box. Not much fish but more crumbles. We wanted to try some desserts, but none was available!The music was too loud and a horrible kind of rave style, the seats were comfortable though. With so many good options around, I wouldn;t bother coming here.
by Vance M.
14th May 2010
This place is nothing flash, but satisfactory for their target market.
Good food (pretty cheap and quick), good pleasant service and a handy location to Lambton Quay shops. My only complaint is that the arrangement of the front door and the outside smoking area, combined with just an typical Wellington breeze means that quite often you are breathing second hand cigarette smoke whilst consuming your food.
Powered by menumania.co.nz
- Shelley Bridgeman: Why do hospitals serve free food?
- Teens love vacation selfies - adults not so much
- Twelve Questions: Michael Kloeg
- What's a group selfie? Usie (pronounced uss-ee)
- Ad promising weight loss through sweat pulled
- Lee Suckling: The parental helping hand
- Alastair Blanshard: Look beyond abs for measure of Hercules' masculinity
- NZ gets first taste of new photo messaging app
- Les Mills tells members what to wear in front row
- Lamb cutlet and kumara mash pie named NZ's best pie