Reviews for Cafe Trends
by Charles C
9 months ago
This is my favorite cafe in Ellerslie for coffee.
You can't beat their coffee when enjoyed in the hot sun out front with the weekend paper and hot cheese scone with melted butter dribbling over the sides.
Food and service is always great.
by Jo Cook
Jun 17, 2013
I had a fabulous lunch at Cafe Trends, a beautifully cooked piece of salmon on a well dressed and tasty bed of rocket. Great menu and they also had fresh and inviting counter food, all of a very high quality. Busy lunchtime, so great atmosphere and service. Very well priced for excellent food. Only place to go in Ellerslie :)
Feb 01, 2013
Pretty standard cafe with typical breakfast/lunch menu items. I had the mushrooms & bacon on toast and it was average tasting.
I did notice that it gets quite busy though - pretty convenient spot for the office lunch crowd, I spose. The easy parking helps too.
Just one gripe - water should be served cold. It tasted like they pretty much chucked in pipe water at room temperature, added a mint or two in and that was it. Odd... as it doesnt bring out the minty flavour! Yuck.
Pretty interior deco, though.
by Kathryn Price
Sep 23, 2011
This cafe is consistent with fresh food, reasonable prices and being close to work it's great for buying meeting lunches at the last minute. With a sunny outdoor area it is a pleasant spot. I would not rate the coffee as being 'up there' and prefer to go elsewhere for that.
Aug 25, 2010
Rude staff, food never changes, cheap ingredients.
There is actually processed cheese squares in the sandwiches, yep, like the plastic wrapped ones your 5 year old eats.
Aug 06, 2010
Nice looking cafe, easy parking, staff were friendly, coffee & food was average. Hash Tower was a bit too supermarket like. Prices were OK ($17.50 for brekky & coffee). Worth visiting again, I'll try something else next time.
- Fashion: Layers of style for winter
- Review: Woodpecker Hill, Parnell
- ANZAC day sibbling for Prince George
- Adorable Prince George photo features in Prince Charles Earth Hour video
- Design & build: Climbing our own stairway to heaven
- Keeping your kids active these holidays
- Five of the best: Family-friendly places to eat
- A new twist on meat and three veg (+recipes)
- Gardening: Rural champions rescue heritage
- Consumer watch: All is fair in love and nappy war for mums