Reviews for Excel Cafe
by Eva K
3 months ago
I went there for breakfast during exams and ordered a salmon eggs benedict. It looked pretty sad; Slurp and Strata can do a better eggs benedict. For $16.50 I got two small slices of toasted bread with a few bits of salmon and two poached eggs perched on top. With hollandaise covering the eggs. The service was pretty shabby, the server managed to tilt my plate in such a way while he was placing it down that an egg fell off onto the table. I could have had a more satisfying breakfast at McDonalds for only $10.50.
Jun 25, 2012
This place has the best pasta salads ever! They have different pasta salads everyday so you never get tired of them and they taste fantastic heated up. Their coffee prices are decent! I come here almost every day!
by Lynnette Xu
Aug 10, 2010
3 stars, I don't know about you, but poor service really hits the spot for me, if the food and coffee are good I'm willing on some good days to let that pass. But as a student, stressed (and currently procrastinating) it was just disgruntling to have to deal with an unfriendly bossy till person. no eye contact, cold brioche (when i asked clearly for it to be heated - she even asked me!) no cutlery and when i asked for a knife, she said they didn't come with knives - this is a lie because they came with them a few days ago!
I gave this place 3 starts because the brioche was (when it was heated) just amazing. Don't know how they do it, but it beats anywhere else in Uni and its cheapish. The coffee was average, not as good as it use to be, but I'm willing to live with that for now.
- Can a phone app really check health?
- Cancer warning for bald men
- Shelley Bridgeman: I hate bucket lists
- Study judges politicians by their looks
- Nurses awarded for dedication to profession
- US experts want limits on testosterone drug use
- Warning on artificial sweeteners
- Stay fit to cut risk of dementia - report
- A good reason to take public transport to work - study
- Army takes over Miss Uganda contest