Reviews for Excel Cafe
by Eva K
6 months ago
I went there for breakfast during exams and ordered a salmon eggs benedict. It looked pretty sad; Slurp and Strata can do a better eggs benedict. For $16.50 I got two small slices of toasted bread with a few bits of salmon and two poached eggs perched on top. With hollandaise covering the eggs. The service was pretty shabby, the server managed to tilt my plate in such a way while he was placing it down that an egg fell off onto the table. I could have had a more satisfying breakfast at McDonalds for only $10.50.
Jun 25, 2012
This place has the best pasta salads ever! They have different pasta salads everyday so you never get tired of them and they taste fantastic heated up. Their coffee prices are decent! I come here almost every day!
by Lynnette Xu
Aug 10, 2010
3 stars, I don't know about you, but poor service really hits the spot for me, if the food and coffee are good I'm willing on some good days to let that pass. But as a student, stressed (and currently procrastinating) it was just disgruntling to have to deal with an unfriendly bossy till person. no eye contact, cold brioche (when i asked clearly for it to be heated - she even asked me!) no cutlery and when i asked for a knife, she said they didn't come with knives - this is a lie because they came with them a few days ago!
I gave this place 3 starts because the brioche was (when it was heated) just amazing. Don't know how they do it, but it beats anywhere else in Uni and its cheapish. The coffee was average, not as good as it use to be, but I'm willing to live with that for now.
- Ham: What is it and why is it festive?
- The best summer parties in Auckland (+WIN)
- Canvas best reads of 2014
- Lesbians earn more than straight women - but gay men are penalised
- Helpful tips to stay safe during the summer break
- Cutest pictures of Prince George 2014
- Is obesity a disability? European court says yes
- Worst killers of Kiwis changing
- Bowel cancer screening a 'no-brainer'
- New Zealand lags behind Australia in cancer survival rates