Reviews for Finns
2 months ago
We eat at Finns about once a month and get a takeaway burger from them weekly. I love their burgers. Great bun, tasty sauce & patty with a nice smoky bbq flavour, it comes with big chunky fries. It's my favourite burger in the Wellington region. The a la carte menu is good quality homely pub food with a bit of panache. The staff are friendly and I especially enjoy it in the summer months when you can sit outside with your dog, he really enjoys dining out.
4 months ago
Tonight we had the pleasure of visiting this restaurant. The atmosphere is relaxing and warm with the waiting staff courtesy and attentive. The menu is varied but fairly small however is substituted by a specials board. I chose a burger and chips whilst my husband chose the pork belly from the specials board. Both meals were of excellent quality. The pork belly was tasty and tender with perfect crackling, not too dry but with a definite crispness. This pork was rated as perfect especially with the accompaniments of caramelised onions and apples. My burger was juicy, perfectly cooked, and presented in a unique way with quality bun and relish. The sticky date puddings that we had for dessert was excellent. Altogether a really good night out with excellent food and service, definitely a place that is producing really good quality food as reasonable prices in a relaxed atmosphere. Highly recommended to all but may need to book as the restaurant was quite full when we went.
by Karen Holford
Jan 21, 2013
We went to Finns in January for brunch and were both very happy with the service and the large plate of hot food placed before us. My husband chose the big breakfast and I had the vegetarian version. The ingredients were of excellent quality, there was a good variety and the meal was nicely presented. The brunch set us up for the entire day and we would definitely go again. Finns is handy to the train station and the seafront is close by, so it makes a great days outing..
Dec 18, 2010
The front of house staff were friendly and efficient. The fish I and 3 others in our group had was not fresh and the food in general was mediocre.
- How to trick yourself and others into eating less - expert
- Bets suspended on royal baby twins - fears of insider info
- Shelley Bridgeman: The problem with this Libra pad ad
- Girl has 4kg hair ball blocking her gut
- 20 years of breast cancer awareness: time to get real
- Facebook apologises to drag queens for name policy
- Notes to self: Why we're obsessed with lists
- Mates' marriage: Honeymoon is over, 'cheating' has begun
- Breast cancer survivors have good chance of living for years - study
- 10 culturally controversial moments in fashion