Reviews for King of Kings
by Laura Lock
9 days ago
We make the journey to King of Kings whenever we feel like Chinese takeaways because it's one of the best we know. Their dishes are fresher, tastier and use better + more vegetables than most other places.
For instance; in the Chow Mein the vegetables are still green (not over boiled), there is at least four different types of vegetables in there (not including onion), there is a tasty (not gelatinous) sauce AND the pieces of meat are big chunks (not thin slices).
Our favourites to order are the: Sweet and Sour Chicken, any Chow Mein and any of their Cashew dishes (so many cashews!) Their wontons are great too - they're tasty, big balls of meat, and crunchy edges.
I will admit that sometimes when ordering over the phone it's not the friendliest conversation you'll have that day, and usually they are about 20minutes + from ordering - but they're great.
by Logan Booler
9 months ago
Best fried rice and sweet n sour pork.
by Amber Corney
Nov 30, 2013
Don't recommend this takeaway. Been a few times before and found staff (especially female) rude and food not great but just gone back when convenient.
Last night got the black bean steak with rice for dinner, sauce was far too rich and gluggy, meat wasn't any good, was chewy and fatty. Couldn't eat it overall. I don't usually complain about food, but decided to return the meal the following day after only having a few bites. Far from listening to my feedback, the male staff member implied that I was lying by saying that all the meat was all gone (it wasn't) and was very reluctant to return my money. Female staff member just gave me the evils and didn't say anything in English.
by Bill Li
Dec 20, 2012
Service is good overall, although the preparation of meals is a bit slow in comparison to other Takeaways, but is made up for in food quality.
- NZ library up for major international award
- 'Baby whisperer' slammed over car seat safety
- 'You look disgusting' without makeup - vlogger's brave reaction
- Video: Guilty dog dobbed in by mate
- Anna King Shahab: Why we need to learn to trust food again
- Diary of a mystery man: Dog-eared exercise book found in campervan details romantic adventures in NZ
- Sharon Holbrook: Do kids belong at funerals?
- Did Pippa's Kiwi outfit upstage Kate again?
- Kiwi bra buying myths busted
- Alcohol during pregnancy: the alarming stats