Reviews for Kohan Restaurant
Jul 11, 2013
This lovely restaurant is tucked behind all the other restaurants from the main highway. The food here though is delicious!
The staff are lovely and are very accommodating, we came near closing time but they still took our order for dinner.
Ordered the pork belly and a Bento box. The pork belly was cooked to perfection, with the sauce that accompanied it was harmonious to it.
The Bento box gave a fine selection, from salmon to chicken to egg rolls and sushi. The tempura that came with it had a wonderful dipping sauce. The curry powder was also a very nice touch.
Dessert was heavenly, with the chocolate pudding. The presentation of this was marvelous! Candy floss and home made ice creams! The amount of time and dedication the chefs put in really comes through!
A highly recommended place!!
by Miso Peckish
Dec 01, 2012
Decided to come here after looking at all the restaurant menus in townand found this restaurant provided us with the best menu. Unlike other Japanese restaurants in New Zealand this is run by Japanese.
Food is excellent, service is also good, fast and friendly. They cater for tour groups as well as smaller groups like ourselves (my husband and I)
We ordered a bento box with blue cod tempura, and other items to share eg buckwheat soup, venison carpaccio, tekapo sushi roll and salmon marinated in sake and dessert (azuri bean and green tea cake).
Everything was superb! Moved the venison carpaccio and the
Buckwheat soup especially.
Definetly recommend this place to anyone going to lake tekapo
It is a bit pricey but is comparative with other restaurants in the area .
Will defiantly come back here again.
Jun 19, 2012
Fantastic food, fresh tender sashimi, very good sushi, crisp and light tempura, attentive service, BYO, nice views.
Pretty awful decor though, seems to be a Tekapo thing.
Mar 17, 2011
Lovely, friendly service, delicious, freshly cooked food. LOVED the deserts. A delight to dine with magnificent view of Lake Tekapo.
- Life drawing is the hip new pub trend
- Danish man sets new world record for planking
- Because we're happy: Social survey shows New Zealanders extremely satisfied with their lives
- Touching wedding picture that captured hearts across the internet
- Ten most annoying things you can say to a vegetarian
- Film icons to inspire your winter wardrobe
- Bad news for allergy suffers in Europe thanks to climate change
- 'Kitty Cam': The most adorable live stream you will see all day
- Supermarkets forced to give unsold food to charity under news laws aimed at reducing waste in France
- Fetal alcohol spectrum disorder kids 19 times more likely to cause trouble