- Restaurants, Bar & Brasseries, Bistros, Pubs
- Free Off-Street, Free On-Street, Pay, Pay & Display
- Price Range:
- Moderate, $15 - $25
- Good For Groups:
- Good For Children:
- Wine, Spirits, Cocktails, Beer
- No BYO
- Wheelchair Accessible:
- Takes Reservations:
- Dietary Restrictions:
- Gluten-free, Vegetarian
- Meals Served:
- Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Brunch
- Payment Types:
- EFTPOS, Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, Diners
- Seating For:
- Outdoor Seating:
Reviews for The Lumsden Freehouse
by Liv W.
15th April 2013
This business is a MenuMania SponsorOne of the Business' Favourite Reviews
Popped in after a movie for some good ole fashioned craft beer. I had the Kingston cider on tap. Delish. Hot chips were nicely crisp, not over-cooked… yummo pepper grinds on the top, and presented with a dipping dish that had a thick twirl of aioli in a moat of tomato sauce. Fabulous. Refurbished interior makes this place classy for proper kitchen fare now. Drastic improvement on the old Lumsden (I hadn’t been for a couple of years).
Barman was chipper, humourously chatty, suitably cheeky, and spotted our need for a top up of the aoili / tom sauce … impressive service
This will be a nice spot for my next date-night dinner and movie, me thinks.Comment from Evan K. of The Lumsden Freehouse 30/07/2013
by Lindsey M.
10th April 2014
I just ate the BEST ribs at the Lumsden. Seasoned and cooked to perfection, I don’t know what their secret is but they were seriously finger licking good! And the dipping sauce, man that dipping sauce was divine!!!!!!
by leigh b.
21st October 2013
What a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon, how relaxing sitting outside in the sun sipping on a beer or as in my case a cider…. love the Cider Sunday. Moved inside a little later for a pizza and paddle (deal voucher). Very nice Pizza great decor and amazing staff, our waitress was just great happy and friendly and efficient. Looking forward to another relaxing Cider Sunday soon.
by Mike C.
30th July 2013
Haven’t been to the Lumsden for a while and am thrilled with the move to craft beer – well done team.
The decor has had a tweak to reflect the new craft look and feel and it has succeeded.
Love the large number of beers on tap and can appreciate the different flavours even more, and the staff are very knowledgeable and of course friendly.
The food is still good, so the quality has been maintained with a few more favourites added.
Had a great lunch and will definitely be back for a movie and dinner and craft beer, or maybe just a dinner and craft beer!Comment from Evan K. of The Lumsden Freehouse 30/07/2013
Powered by menumania.co.nz
- Shelley Bridgeman: Why do hospitals serve free food?
- Teens love vacation selfies - adults not so much
- Twelve Questions: Michael Kloeg
- What's a group selfie? Usie (pronounced uss-ee)
- Ad promising weight loss through sweat pulled
- Lee Suckling: The parental helping hand
- Alastair Blanshard: Look beyond abs for measure of Hercules' masculinity
- NZ gets first taste of new photo messaging app
- Les Mills tells members what to wear in front row
- Lamb cutlet and kumara mash pie named NZ's best pie