Sophie G. said: "Some of the best (authentic) Thai and vegan/vegetarian food I have ever had and I have tried tons all over the world. Made with a lot of care, perfectly good and balanced. Everything we ordered was delicious, the service was…" read more »
- Free Off-Street
- Price Range:
- Moderate, $15 - $25
- Good For Groups:
- Good For Children:
- Beer, Wine
- BYO, Corkage Charge
- Takes Reservations:
- Meals Served:
- Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Dessert
- Payment Types:
- EFTPOS, Visa
- Seating For:
Reviews for Peony Restaurant
by Danny L.
15th April 2013
Peony Restaurant definitely is at the top of Eastern Chinese Restaurants.
I have to stress the strength of presentation at this restaurant: not many Chinese restaurants outside of China make the effort to have nice looking food, but Peony does it quite well. The pork belly aspic dish was one of my favourite, it was meaty without being ‘pork-y’ and was delightful to look at.
Every dish, even the ones that are meant to be pungent and spicy were so clean tasting. Their pork broth is delightful; however some of the lighter dishes should not be eaten after the more flavourful ones because the tongue does not deal with the sudden contrast well and it will taste underseasoned. I made the mistake of trying the hot oil fish soup before eating the pork balls in broth.
As a whole, Peony restaurant is definitely not what it seems, as a small restaurant that is placed beside a petrol station and is nearly invisible to passers by.
I am planning on visiting again; I do not believe I have encountered a better Eastern (Jiangsu, Zhejiang) Chinese restaurant.
Powered by menumania.co.nz
- Talk to the Animals: Enforcing animal welfare - who's job is it?
- New photos for Prince George's first birthday
- Artistic director of women's wear leaving Hermes
- Baby steps for teen but being a mum 'all worth it'
- Malcolm Forbes, Ryan Anderson: Jagger a poster boy for Darwinian peacock theory
- Twelve Questions: Rodney Wayne
- Cracking the cute code
- Louise Thompson: The weight loss tool you need
- Bite magazine: The best of winter
- Fashion: Suits you, sir (+WIN)