Reviews for Salt
by Mary Rofe
Dec 26, 2012
Auckland Café – great food experience!
Travelers with special dietary needs can sometimes go hungry with the products on offer in most places. It is rare to find a cafe centrally located which not only serves good nourishing food but caters well for those who ask for the most common special dietary fix – gluten free.
Salt – the vital ingredient is situated in the NZI building at 1 Fanshawe place in central Auckland. The staff is competent friendly and willingly to accommodate visitors with different requests like vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free – obviously they know what these labels mean because they can give you 3 or 4 choices from their menu.
Add to this the fact that they prepare and cook their own dishes, cakes and pastries and you have as close to a home-cooked meal as you can get in a foreign city.
The coffees are good and the surroundings modern and full of light. Situated in a glazed atrium, the cafe offers a great range of meals and snacks to hungry business executives, workers and visitors who have discovered this oasis in the central city.
Chloe and Janelle on staff were more than helpful with Chloe signaling future expansion of lunchtime services in this eclectic little eating-place that has only been under her management for six months. Full marks to her for taking a very ordinary coffee establishment to an example of culinary excellence at very reasonable prices.
We dropped by on a recommendation and continued to come back two or three times a day while in Auckland – well worth it and greatly appreciated.
- AP PHOTOS: For Israeli teens, military is rite of passage
- Despondent Gazans return to destroyed homes
- Jamie Oliver claims Gordon Ramsay is 'deeply jealous' of his success
- David Beckham strips down in spoof undie ad
- GPs burdened by nonsensical requests
- Are these the most beautiful faces in the world?
- Modern etiquette: What do I do when I pass wind in public?
- How much you earn 'may affect growth of your child's brain'
- Our genetic miracle: first baby born after trailblazing IVF
- Parents concerned over online risk