Reviews for Spitting Feathers
by Kera Lisa
8 months ago
Poor showing, Spitting. I've been a patron for a few years now and for the first time I saw your staff evict people, one of whom I was with, for literally no reason. When I asked the bouncer why these particular folks, my friend being one whom hadn't even been to the been to the bar in an hour or more, was being removed I was told that he'd been 'selected.' Saw a good 7 or 8 other selectees outside. When I asked the manager on duty why people had been evicted, he said he was thinning out the drunks. When I mentioned that those chosen were no more or less drunk than anyone else, he invited me to get out if that's how I felt about it and then Mr. Napoleon Complex stomped off looking very much the angry Patton Oswalt doppleganger he is. Customer service gone downhill then has it? There are better bars. Enjoy the yuppie crowd vomiting on your deck and leaving your bathroom a shambles. You've alienated roughly a dozen regulars who don't simply show up to pick up your $3 Heineken and burn holes on your deck. Genius foresight.
by Debbie Lockart
Dec 02, 2013
Happened upon this pace by word of mouth. Hard to spot the entrance unless you are looking for it. But once inside - WOW. Bar staff fantastic and friendly. Food was typical English food and a lot of the beers I haven't seen since I was last in the UK.
Pity they are in the Auckland CBD otherwise this would become my local (I live on the Shore and work on the Shore).
Highly recommend you pop in for a drink - a fantastic place!
by Duncan Innes
May 14, 2012
I chanced across this stylish up-stairs bar - it's easy to miss-and got a nice welcome and an interesting Brew Dog Punk IPA (all the way from Scotland.) haven't tried the food but would love to re-visit this trendy bar with a varied beer collection, Walker's crisps and other English touches.
- Comment: Why we women love Amy Schumer
- Lee Suckling: How to be friends with your parents
- Peeking into healthy brains to see if Alzheimer's is brewing (+video)
- 'Dancing Man' parties with stars
- Why does a lesbian bride wear a suit?
- Four reasons to have another coffee
- Groom hits back at 'meninist' Tweet mocking him for crying at his wedding
- Dunedin mural altered after complaints
- State of the nation: Kiwis are better off and mostly happy
- Julie Bhosale: My real post-baby body