Reviews for Straits Cafe - Rendezvous Hotel Auckland
by Kelvin Hilton
one month ago
Had the pleasure of dining at the Straits Cafe on Saturday night during a one night accommodation deal for 2. Started by sharing a main size pork ribs between 2 lovely and tender and oh so tasty. Would of been easier to manage if they were cut into individual ribs but,oh well, Yes we did ask them to be cut up and this didn't quite work out.
My Boullier Base for my main was chock full of Mussels Snapper and Calamari fantastic intense flavour, My wife had a Duck Pasta that was nice but could not finish it.
We went back for the Buffet Breakfast in the morning and it was as good as anything I have enjoyed at a quality Hotel. loved the Smoked Salmon that only appears at the very best. A variety of cooked eggs is the only thing missing scrambled or hard boiled eggs only.
7 months ago
Recently I stayed at the Rendezvous for a conference and landed up having my evening meal in Straits Cafe on a couple of occasions. I was pleasantly surprised both times with the service and the food. One night I had some excellent lamb shanks which were tender and juicy and another night I had a very good steak.
Staff were helpful and attentive without being irritating.
- Audrey Hepburn's diet secrets revealed
- Modern etiquette: How do I decline Facebook friend requests?
- In today's Bite: Auckland's superstar caterer and mini pizzas to keep the kids busy
- Princess Charlotte's christening eases royal selfie rules
- Versace kicks off Paris couture week in style
- Humans of New York Post of crying gay teen receives celebrity support
- Princess Charlotte christened at royal ceremony
- Select five named as Charlotte's godparents
- Princess Charlotte's godparents named
- Selling the Dream: How we sold New Zealand