Reviews for Sukumen Shanghai Restaurant
by Sophie Gao
10 months ago
Delicious authentic Shanghainese cuisine.
Shangahinese food is hugely underrated and underrepresented among the Western notions of Chinese food. I highly recommend you try this place, large portions, reasonably priced and they will happily cater to special dietary requirements.
Fried noodles and vege buns are amazing.
Great place for vegans and vegetarians too!
by Nom Nom Panda
Jan 07, 2014
Don't look in the fish tank, as it is mostly empty (or maybe has a couple sad creatures, presumably unless you pre-order something), lest it put you off ordering anything with seafood. We like the yolk-coated shrimps in addition to other dishes like the pork with steamed buns and xiao long bao. The dishes can be a bit oily, and some are not as tasty as others, but with a large banquet-style menu and generally good experiences, we certainly wouldn't mind coming back to try a few more dishes!
You can see pictures of our past meals on my Facebook page at
by Liz Chaney
May 29, 2013
We love Chinese food and were looking for authentic cuisine. Our son's girlfriend is Chinese and she suggested the Shanghai restaurant. We all enjoyed a delicious dinner 3 months ago so we are going back for more this week. We chose our dishes from the authentic Chinese menu and they are interesting and very tasty. A great way to try out the real thing and more flavoursome than the European version of Chinese around town. Great value for money too. :) Liz
by Allen Huang
Jan 27, 2013
Had dinner at Shikumen Shanghai Restaurant late last night around 9pm. There weren't many people by that time so our dishes arrived prompt and efficiently. We ordered Pork Belly with Preserved Vegetables, and Shanghai-styled Vegetable Medley. Both dishes were top-notch and had the distinct Shanghai-sweetness to them. This place does authentic Shanghai-styled cuisine, so definitely worth checking out. Casual and good value.
- Kiwis have been generous to Catton, says Taxpayers' Union
- Has an 8-year-old girl found a cancer cure?
- Heidi Klum makes men drop trousers
- I paid $25 for an Invisible Boyfriend, and I think I might be in love
- What do your food cravings say about you?
- Five ways 3D-printed food will change the way we eat
- Rachel Halliwell: Why parents pick weird names
- 'All women are beautiful' - Heidi Klum
- Innovative concept may give hope to Parkinson's sufferers
- Future Auckland: Recreation key to healthy life