Reviews for Thanya Thai Restaurant
22 days ago
Am liking this place. Besides fresh tasting food, decor is very nice. Quiet too. good place to take a date. Not that expensive. Especially with their special Wed to Sunday lunches
2 months ago
Great little hidden gem. Super authentic setup throughout restaurant which is really enjoyable and food is great, full of flavour and friendly and fast service!
by Leon Jin
2 months ago
Three of us came for the lunch. we ordered tomyum, red curry and fried rice. The portion size is a little small and the red curry and fried rice is pretty nice. But tomyum is disappointed. It's a like tomato soup with dried chilli and there is chilli seeds float on the soup. that make me feel it doesn't worth that price.
3 months ago
Met some friends there as half way between Swanson and Howick. Service friendly and timely enough but a little bit unprofessional we thought. Not sure if we got the spiciness we asked for! Food was fine- thought the meat was a little on the light side in the duck dish but at least the dishes weren't full of cabbage. Two of us had prawns and there were about 7 of these. The chicken dish my friend ordered she liked. The entree of the spring rolls and the chicken wings were tasty enough. Surroundings pleasant enough with parking available. Will return again one day but no rush.
7 months ago
We picked out this place as its close to home and due to the other half complaining that we've never used the entertainment book we bought in May this year. The setting is very casual, wait staff are super friendly and there's plenty of parking on site and on the road. The meals were great- full of flavour and really authentic. They were also reasonably priced and fairly large. I would recommend this place
11 months ago
Absolutely amazing Thai food. I am a huge Thai food fan and can honestly say this is the best I have tasted in not only Auckland but New Zealand. I travel the world for work and have frequented Thailand and Thanya Thai is right up there. The meat is of excellent quality, the beef massaman curry just falls apart in your mouth. My other favourite is the chicken cashew nut and the satay chicken. Every dish I have had is full of flavor. The only Thai place I will go to in Auckland.
- Life drawing is the hip new pub trend
- Danish man sets new world record for planking
- Because we're happy: Social survey shows New Zealanders extremely satisfied with their lives
- Touching wedding picture that captured hearts across the internet
- Ten most annoying things you can say to a vegetarian
- Film icons to inspire your winter wardrobe
- Bad news for allergy suffers in Europe thanks to climate change
- 'Kitty Cam': The most adorable live stream you will see all day
- Supermarkets forced to give unsold food to charity under news laws aimed at reducing waste in France
- Fetal alcohol spectrum disorder kids 19 times more likely to cause trouble