Reviews for Thanya Thai Restaurant
28 days ago
Great little hidden gem. Super authentic setup throughout restaurant which is really enjoyable and food is great, full of flavour and friendly and fast service 😊
by Leon Jin
one month ago
Three of us came for the lunch. we ordered tomyum, red curry and fried rice. The portion size is a little small and the red curry and fried rice is pretty nice. But tomyum is disappointed. It's a like tomato soup with dried chilli and there is chilli seeds float on the soup. that make me feel it doesn't worth that price.
one month ago
Met some friends there as half way between Swanson and Howick. Service friendly and timely enough but a little bit unprofessional we thought. Not sure if we got the spiciness we asked for! Food was fine- thought the meat was a little on the light side in the duck dish but at least the dishes weren't full of cabbage. Two of us had prawns and there were about 7 of these. The chicken dish my friend ordered she liked. The entree of the spring rolls and the chicken wings were tasty enough. Surroundings pleasant enough with parking available. Will return again one day but no rush.
5 months ago
We picked out this place as its close to home and due to the other half complaining that we've never used the entertainment book we bought in May this year. The setting is very casual, wait staff are super friendly and there's plenty of parking on site and on the road. The meals were great- full of flavour and really authentic. They were also reasonably priced and fairly large. I would recommend this place
9 months ago
Absolutely amazing Thai food. I am a huge Thai food fan and can honestly say this is the best I have tasted in not only Auckland but New Zealand. I travel the world for work and have frequented Thailand and Thanya Thai is right up there. The meat is of excellent quality, the beef massaman curry just falls apart in your mouth. My other favourite is the chicken cashew nut and the satay chicken. Every dish I have had is full of flavor. The only Thai place I will go to in Auckland.
- Shelley Bridgeman: 'Child abuse' book stays
- 'Sophisticated' cat earns a cool $4.2 million
- World's oldest person dies at 117 (+video)
- Man's face and neck rebuilt in 27 hour procedure
- Pregnant TV presenter receives hate mail for her 'gross' body
- Meet the baby born with no nose
- How fasting could help you deal with stress
- We all feel disgust but why do some of us turn it on ourselves?
- Angelina Jolie's surgery got you worried? Here's what you should know about ovarian cancer risk
- Why did Instagram censor a photo of a fully clothed woman on her period?