Reviews for Thanya Thai Restaurant
by Leon Jin
3 days ago
Three of us came for the lunch. we ordered tomyum, red curry and fried rice. The portion size is a little small and the red curry and fried rice is pretty nice. But tomyum is disappointed. It's a like tomato soup with dried chilli and there is chilli seeds float on the soup. that make me feel it doesn't worth that price.
18 days ago
Met some friends there as half way between Swanson and Howick. Service friendly and timely enough but a little bit unprofessional we thought. Not sure if we got the spiciness we asked for! Food was fine- thought the meat was a little on the light side in the duck dish but at least the dishes weren't full of cabbage. Two of us had prawns and there were about 7 of these. The chicken dish my friend ordered she liked. The entree of the spring rolls and the chicken wings were tasty enough. Surroundings pleasant enough with parking available. Will return again one day but no rush.
4 months ago
We picked out this place as its close to home and due to the other half complaining that we've never used the entertainment book we bought in May this year. The setting is very casual, wait staff are super friendly and there's plenty of parking on site and on the road. The meals were great- full of flavour and really authentic. They were also reasonably priced and fairly large. I would recommend this place
8 months ago
Absolutely amazing Thai food. I am a huge Thai food fan and can honestly say this is the best I have tasted in not only Auckland but New Zealand. I travel the world for work and have frequented Thailand and Thanya Thai is right up there. The meat is of excellent quality, the beef massaman curry just falls apart in your mouth. My other favourite is the chicken cashew nut and the satay chicken. Every dish I have had is full of flavor. The only Thai place I will go to in Auckland.
- The world must slash sugar intake - WHO report
- Facebook exec, NBA team up to get men to 'lean in' for women
- Shelley Bridgeman: What are the rules in the birthing suite?
- Controversial mouse study could help kill cancer
- Kiwi twins born brown and white
- NZ makeup artist has a shot at Paris team
- No one believes these girls are twins
- Scientists have figured out what makes Indian food so delicious
- We crave that sweet taste - but at what cost?
- Jane Shilling: Why get up at the crack of dawn?