Reviews for The Coffee Bar
by Sophia Borders
11 months ago
Stand out features that I really liked about this café were:
*the very warm and friendly guy (maybe South American?) who was serving behind the bar;
*extremely delicious lamington that was served with a beautifully piquant raspberry compote;
*even though they've switched totally to take-away dishes... and I would much rather have had proper cutlery and dishes... they've at least chosen eco-friendly coffee cup lids and bamboo dishes. Yay. Only point for improvement there is the plastic knifes and forks were not so good for the earth.
It's actually a lovely environment to sit and enjoy a coffee and cake at nice wooden tables. Clean bathroom. It's groovy.
by Whitecat X
Feb 23, 2013
I love to drop by to enjoy their glass of wine with a light meal like sandwiches, pies, quiche, salads, etc. A cozy little place next to their wine shop. Quality of food was beyond my expectation. I guess they have a right chef to serve better food than other average cafes in Auckland Central.
In the daytime I recommend their pide(Turkish bread sandwiches) and mince pies. They go well with wine, too.
In the evening you can enjoy wines with their variety of tapas. Good place to meet friends and have some chats. But beware of your bill. Their small portioned tapas (tasty, though) cannot make you full. A friend of mine who spent about $100 for two found out they were still hungry.
by Noelia Gonzalez Quiñones
Jul 06, 2012
Had an enjoyable breakfast/brunch at Dida's. The decor of the place is very cool, and the service was friendly. The food was very yummy. My friend had the savoury mince on toast, while I had the scrambled eggs on ciabatta. We both thought our food was lovely. Maybe a tad expensive, but I definitely enjoyed my experience here and would be happy to recommend.
by Love Food
Jul 11, 2011
Popped in for a quick coffee and muffin this morning. Sitting outside the sun provided us with some perfect winter warmth - just as good was the fresh out of the oven banana, chocolate and cream cheese muffin. Coupled with a long black the perfect start to the day. Service was attentive and friendly, so much so we will be going back in rather a hurry!
- Lauren Knight: Why curiosity is important for parents, too
- Partners snoop on loved ones' cellphones
- Lioness kept as pet in Pakistan gives birth to 5 cubs
- 'The Weegee Guide to New York' shows mid-20th century city
- Hipster beards are just a way to get women - study
- Woman posts Facebook ad offering men $700 to get her pregnant
- McDonald's launches fashion and lifestyle line
- 'Disease mongering' has created a multibillion-dollar industry - critics
- 10 trends you don't want to try - but should
- Kardashian's star Kylie Jenner shares photos from NZ photoshoot