Food was amazing. Very delicious. Fresh, crisp and Sashimi was not soggy at all.
Most of all when the closing time was near, food was no longer re-filled then staff was asking each table for customer’s specific menu. If you want Salmon Sashimi for certain amount, they will bring it to your table.
Very good service and quality.
I work right upstairs, so Tombo is very convenient. The donburi is great! There’s lots of meat selections to choose from and a great selection of veggies. Nice to have an inexpensive, healthy lunch option when there’s so many other fattening ones around.
Also, the service is fantastic! One of the best places for service that I’ve been. The waitress is attentive without hanging all over you and she’s always bright, cheerful and has a smile. Well done guys! Now I have to try the dinner!
Full Marks to Tombo Japanese Buffet Restaurant (Newmarket-Auckland) ($29 Per Head Dinner Buffet). Here’s Why:
1. To start with,the Name Tombo which means Dragon-Fly in Japanese is cleverly incorporated in the ‘T’ of Tombo in the logo.
2. Restaurant Reserved Parking with their Parking Display Card, is right next door.
3. Wide range of Dishes to choose from including different types of Sushi, Main Dishes, Salads, Desserts and Coffee
4. Each of their main dish is distinct in terms of ingredients, sauces and method of preparation. Unlike most buffet restaurant where they use the same sauce base with slight variations for most dishes.
5. Their Salient Feature would be the loads of fresh salmon and Real Surimi (not the flavored supermarket variety)
6. There’s a decent salad bar with instuctions on the black-board above on how to assemble your own Donburi.
7. There’s a variety of 3 dishes for dessert to choose from : fresh fruit, iced-cake and stuffed rice balls. The asian style rice balls are yum. The cake and icing is so good, it looks as if it had come straight out of a Glossy Nigella Lawson Cookbook and tastes like something you would have for The Queen’s tea party.
8. Range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks available including Japanese and Korean beer.
9. Service is friendly and plates are cleared quickly. The staff come around to ask if you would require more BBQ-ed meat.
10. Each of their delicately prepared dish is an experience in fine dining and well worth the price.
Wish I could go there everyday!!!!
Had an absolutely delicious lunch here today. $11.50 for what they called ‘donburi’. There was easy guidance on how to assemble my lunch: I got to choose two mains (I chose fish katsu and teriyaki tofu), and then I had the freedom to select as many salad ingredients as I wanted from the buffet-style bowls, then sauces.
The waitress was very helpful, and recommended the teriyaki sauce and wasabi sauce combination (the wasabi sauce was really mild and delicious with loads of teriyaki sauce).
Tofu was perfectly cooked, fish was very nicely cooked.
It was pretty awesome to eat such healthy and delicious food for lunch – a huge bowl of fresh veges – easily counted as 3 out of my “5+ veges a day”, and with the sauces it was fabulous.
Will definitely come again next time I’m passing through Newmarket.
Powered by menumania.co.nz