Reviews for Visaya Restaurant and Bar - Sudima Auckland Airport Hotel
by Josephine Waru
Nov 20, 2013
I had the pleasure of dining there one evening and noticed while there, there were a lot of 'drop in' guests who were local and came for dinner and I have attended two conference events there and have found the food 'exceptional'. Yes it is a little pricey (from the a la carte menu) but I found it reasonable considering what is on offer in the near vicinity. Breakfast had a huge selection to choose from and the morning I was there, there were certainly no complaints coming from guests as their comments about the food on offer were positive. I found the staff (although those on the front counter could smile more as they don't seem as friendly) to be very professional and the 3 times I have been there exceptionally polite. Good customer service is very hard to find in Auckland. To receive good customer service with excellent food (not to mention excellent presentation of the food) is very rare.
Aug 27, 2012
Pricey a la carte menu, though the buffet price didn't seem too bad.
I ordered a fillet steak, which was served on the well done side of Medium, which was a shame as I had ordered it rare. It was tasty enough, though not the most tender, and veges were an added extra.
Visaya is certainly better than most hotels in the area offer, and there are no other options close by, but it is definitely not great. I possibly would rate it higher if the prices were lower; really, $40 for the steak offered was ridiculous. Especially as veges were extra $6. $30 to $35 all inclusive would be more like it.
And whist the staff were friendly enough, the service was a bit slow, too.
- Healthy Food Pyramid updated for the first time in 15 years
- Restaurant review: Phil's Kitchen, Kingsland
- Cannes high heel row: Expert reveals how damaging high heels really are
- To the woman who wrote deal with it ... An open letter on behalf of sleep-deprived parents
- What's on this weekend
- Brunch: Mary's, Ponsonby
- Dear D&P: My hubby's new job is in the country but I like city life
- Stop it guys - it's all about image, not reality
- A preschooler suddenly goes mute, and it's not just shyness
- Christopher and Robert join Stephen and Kevin on endangered names list