Aditya said: "This was my second visit here, this time with an extended family…i really liked the way the lighting adds up to the ambiance…the food is fantabulous especially the prawn malabari and other currys are great too. The aloo…" read more »
- Restaurants, Pizzas, Bar & Brasseries, Bistros
- Free Off-Street
- Price Range:
- Spendy, $25 - $35
- Good For Groups:
- Beer, Wine, Spirits, Cocktails
- No BYO
- Wheelchair Accessible:
- Takes Reservations:
- Dietary Restrictions:
- Vegetarian, Vegan, Dairy-free, Gluten-free
- Meals Served:
- Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
- Payment Types:
- EFTPOS, Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, Diners
- Seating For:
- Outdoor Seating:
Reviews for Visaya Restaurant & Bar
20th November 2013
I had the pleasure of dining there one evening and noticed while there, there were a lot of ‘drop in’ guests who were local and came for dinner and I have attended two conference events there and have found the food ‘exceptional’. Yes it is a little pricey (from the a la carte menu) but I found it reasonable considering what is on offer in the near vicinity. Breakfast had a huge selection to choose from and the morning I was there, there were certainly no complaints coming from guests as their comments about the food on offer were positive. I found the staff (although those on the front counter could smile more as they don’t seem as friendly) to be very professional and the 3 times I have been there exceptionally polite. Good customer service is very hard to find in Auckland. To receive good customer service with excellent food (not to mention excellent presentation of the food) is very rare.
27th August 2012
Pricey a la carte menu, though the buffet price didn’t seem too bad.
I ordered a fillet steak, which was served on the well done side of Medium, which was a shame as I had ordered it rare. It was tasty enough, though not the most tender, and veges were an added extra.
Visaya is certainly better than most hotels in the area offer, and there are no other options close by, but it is definitely not great. I possibly would rate it higher if the prices were lower; really, $40 for the steak offered was ridiculous. Especially as veges were extra $6. $30 to $35 all inclusive would be more like it.
And whist the staff were friendly enough, the service was a bit slow, too.
Powered by menumania.co.nz
- In Todd Parr's world, it's OK to make mistakes
- Seven of the most irritating office habits
- Quick, daily run prolongs life - study
- Talk to the Animals: Become a NZ animal expert
- Cutting sugar completely could kill you
- Gentlemen better off checking IQ levels
- Expert urges fresh look at flu fight
- The name Poof back in vogue at Ponsonby bar
- Twelve Questions: Michael Meredith
- Richard Keegan: Children need our unconditional support