Reviews for Vultures' Lane
by Nom Nom Panda
4 months ago
I have no doubt that the craft beer at this pub is good - plenty of bloggers have written about their drinks already.
I would like to assure you, however, that the food at Vulture's Lane is well worth trying too. In particularly, the "Buttered Bird", which turned out to be fried buttermilk chicken with pickles and a smokey dip, was not only cheap at just $11, but also very tasty, hot and crispy!
We have only been once so far, but definitely planning to return for some other items from the small yet tempting menu!
by Karen Gibson
Feb 25, 2012
The Portobello mushrooms: An ecstasy of flavours, with blue cheese and dukkah topping these four succulent big mushrooms. I'll have to come back again for these. An absolute treasure, and only $10.
I loved that the on-tap beers included a good range of NZ craft beers (Epic, Emersons... etc) - coz I'm all for supporting NZ made. But sorry, being influenced by Dunedin heritage, and preferring a simple easy-drinking beer, we just couldn't go past a Speights. Which drank beautifully with the mushrooms.
A nice atmosphere, good for conversation - not too rowdy... and easy to get service at the bar. Friendly female bar-tender was fab - offering tasters of the various Craft beers too. Nice one!
- Audio Science and Moon Unit - 10 bizarre celebrity baby names
- 'Long Live the Nazis' spaghetti dish renamed after backlash
- Botox could 'stop cancer in its tracks' - study
- Shelley Bridgeman: Why is healthcare so hard?
- The sinister meanings behind nursery rhymes
- Can traditional German clothing be cool?
- Richard Dawkins: It's immoral to allow Down's syndrome babies to be born
- Missing model found alive two weeks after she vanished
- Smoking while pregnant can affect grandchildren
- Personality plus for over-50s