Reviews for Wellington's - Waipuna Hotel
by Pat Dugan
Jun 06, 2013
Good start, Light beer on tap and friendly bar staff.
Lunch. Good selection of bread rolls and butter just easy to spread.Soup proved very popular with diners and there was a good selection of seafood.Variety of foods for main with a very nice ham carved not too thin or thick.As usual a large selection of desserts with a very good trifle,pavlova with lots of cream , and of course the restaurants steam pudding and lots of custard. Did not try the selection of cheeses, but it look good.
At $25 I consider to be excellent value
by Leigh Beattie
Jun 08, 2012
Went for Dinner Sunday 3rd June, good value, the buffet food was all cooked well and very tasty, the plates cleared promptly, the only thing was we never got asked if we needed bar service so we ending up going to the bar ourselves, just a minor point, still overall everyone was happy and would all go back.
by Sara Vui
Jun 03, 2012
Nice value for money Sunday buffet lunch, good selection of salads and hot foods & desserts. Just a wee bit loud & noisy today with a 95th birthday behind us and a 70th birthday on the other side, but apart from that hard to fault really. Service good too, dirty plates cleared off the table quickly and water carafe refilled promptly. Would definitely go back again.
- Wine: Kumeu's benchmark chardonnays
- Review: Tyler Street Garage, Auckland CBD
- Fashion: Shades of cool
- What's on this weekend
- Brunch: Open Table, Ellerslie
- PD James leaves a mystery of 'one last crime novel'
- Interactive: Every book you need to read this summer
- Fatally interesting: Dr Masson
- Wendyl wants to know: The Kaweka Food Co Thai Chicken with Fluffy White Rice $5.49 per 350g (one serving)
- Kiwis feeling the boomerang effect